1) Camera Features:
- Both can record up to 4k resolution. However, Phantom 4 can record 30 frames per second at 4k resolution and 120 frames per second at 1080p resolution while Mavic can record 30 frames per second at 4k resolution but 96 frames per second at 1080p resolution.
2) Wind Resistance:
-Mavic is much smaller compared to Phantom 4. Because of that, you may think that Mavic can’t handle a strong wind. But the test results show us that Phantom 4 drifts much more in a strong wind. However, Mavic’s video is slightly more shaky that Phantom 4. That’s because the Phantom 4 has a wider angle and field of view compared to Mavic.
3) Video Quality:
- Mavic has a smaller camera than Phantom 4. The lens size of the Phantom 4 is as small as a GoPro lenses while Mavic has a lens size is as small as smartphone cameras. But Mavic offers the same video quality with Phantom 4. Mavic is okay for low light shootings but Phantom 4 is slightly better at low light performance. The field of view of Mavic is equal to 28 mm lens, while Phantom 4 is equal to 20mm lens. Mavic does not have a focus fixer like Phantom 4.
4) Battery and Power:
- Both has the same flight time but Phantom 4 is faster than Mavic by 6 km/s while in sports mode. Mavic has a 7.5 km radius, while Phantom 4 has a 5 km radius.
5) Usage Areas:
-This is a victory for Mavic because it is absolutely portable. You can carry it in your backpack or even a fanny pack. It’s setup is easier. It’s hard to carry a Phantom 4 because of its bigger size. Mavic can be used indoors. It can reduce its speed to 3.5 km/s, making itself pretty useful indoors.
6) Tips About Mavic and Phantom 4:
- First, their remote controllers are pretty much the same. Mavic shows informations with an LCD display and it has more and better sensors. Mavic has the ability to respond to hand commands. For example, it can follow you with a simple “follow me” sign. It can take a photo of you with capture command. It comes with an SD card, saving you from the trouble buying it. It also has a beginner’s mode.